Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Looking Back

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


Well, I spent most of 2009 pregnant. Starting our year in Rexburg we met some really fun couples, that are our dear friends now. We've had so many good times!
We found out we were having a girl! I was especially excited! I thought for sure I was going to have a boy.
At the beginning of the summer we moved in with Billy's parents for the summer to save some money, and so we could stay together. the past 2 summers he's mostly been in driggs on the farm, and I was in Rexburg, in school, or working. So sadly we didn't see each other much, and we really like each other, so we decided that was enough of that. I got a new job at Lynette's hair salon, which I love! It was nice being able to see each other every day! After work I would go see Billy and help some on the farm. I got to be pretty good on the swather all by myself. Towards the end of my pregnancy I'd get in the swather every chance I got to try and bounce Eliza out of me! (it didn't work) I was so sick of being pregnant by the end, Beth Ann and I tried everything (except Castor oil) to get things started. From eating oregano, fresh pineapple, walking a mile, prenatal massage, billy massaging my feet every night, going on a bumpy four wheeler ride, and lots of love making. Nothing Worked!! My due date had come and gone. I wasn't dilated, and she hadn't dropped. :( I wanted to hurt every person I saw with a baby.
We moved into our apartment (back in Rexburg) a week before she was born. So I guess that was a plus that we could get things mostly put away before she got here. 7 days after my due date she still didn't want to come, so they decided to induce me (yay!). About 18 hrs later she came!! So beautiful, and perfect! The start of a new life! It was an amazing experience! We love being parents. She was blessed September 27th. She also had a cousin (Miya) born 3 weeks before her, and another cousin (Brinley) 11 days after her! They planned that out pretty good!
It was a fun year with lots of new things. We have a lot to learn still, but its a lot of fun to do it with someone you love.
We are so blessed to both have such wonderful families that we get to see so often.
We're excited for the new year and all its adventures!

1 comment: