Monday, April 12, 2010

milestones

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

 

 
Posted by Picasa

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa

Eliza is growing too fast. I feel like she's turning into more of a little girl than a baby. :( I've been putting her scrapbook together, and its making me miss the newborn baby stage. I've said to Billy I'm excited to have another one to see that stage again. He thinks I'm crazy! I am, but don't get me wrong, we both don't want another one for a while. So anyway, I just thought I'd tell the things she's been doing:
-She pulls herself up on everything. Sometimes getting onto something, and doesn't know how to get down.
-She started crawling 3 days after she turned 6 months. She is fast too! The doctor said she is advanced. I think we knew that though!
-Says Mama and Dada. She said Mama first (thank you very much!) then while I was in the airport heading to Mexico she said Dada. Sad Billy wasn't there to hear it, but I video recorded it for him.
-Turns the pages in the books. She likes the touch and feel books the most. Sometimes she'll just sit in her crib and look at her books.
-Waves hello and goodbye. Not always on cue, but she's getting the concept.
-Starting to dance when she hears music.(and loves when Billy plays his instruments)
-Plays games. A version of Tag. We'll growl at her to try and get her crawl away. Sometimes she just gets excited and crawls to the one who's growling at her! She likes when we both play. When Billy tries to get her she crawls as fast as she can to me. Its so cute! And of course she loves peak-a-boo. She's liked that for a long time.
-No Teeth yet. Although I feel like she's been teething for months! she had a super runny nose, which was making her cough, and she couldn't breath. She started waking up at night (which we were not used to at all since she started sleeping through the night right away.) She doesn't have any symptoms anymore, so they probably went back under. I guess we'll have to go through it again. :(
-She's was around 16.5 lbs last time we were at the doctor.
-She likes to be doing whatever we are doing. Sometimes I don't think she really cares about her toys.
-I think we are finally getting some sort of routine. She'll wake up somewhere between 6 and 7, we give her her bottle and she'll sleep another hour. I go work out, and she falls asleep on the walk home around 10 or 11. 1-2 hr nap. (3 if I'm lucky!) then we play or do errands. another nap between 1 and 2. usually 1hr. then play and make dinner, and usually another nap (not very long) between 4 and 6. Play, take a bath, read books, prayer and bedtime between 8 and 9. This is a regular day, but as you may know Billy and I like to play! So many times we're at friends or friends are over, and that definitely throws this schedule off, which is fine. We're not set on having our lives revolve around Eliza's schedule. If she stays up late with us or doesn't get a nap because she's having fun, that's alright with us. She's pretty easy going. We just love her!
-She loves babies! She gets so excited. Sometimes too excited and she just mauls them. If they aren't as mobile as her, its not a fair fight. We try to teach her to be soft... I don't think she gets it. She's not afraid of anything or anyone. We have a lot of friends with babies, and I love seeing them play together.
-She shakes her head (like saying no). I don't think she gets that she's saying no, cuz she'll just do it randomly. I think she just thinks its fun. Sometimes she'll do it at the right time, and its pretty funny. I'm sure someday we won't think it's that funny.
-She loves when we sing to her. She loves most of the nursery rhymes.
-She eats pretty much everything. We'll usually give her a little of what we're eating. Of course she's still mostly on milk and baby food.
-She's starting to understand kisses (which are with a big open mouth) and had her first kiss with her friend Brigham as you can see in the picture! hehe.
-I can finally put her hair into pig tales! I'm so excited! She doesn't mind it either if I have something to distract her. She also loves to hang out in the sink while I get ready. She'll cry sometimes when I take her out.
Well, I think that's pretty much it. Oh, the random picture of Angela and Beth Ann trudging through the snow is their driveway Easter weekend! I don't think the roads were closed all winter, and in April they were closed! Crazy place we live in!
We are a happy little family, and we're excited to see what little Eliza will do next! She keeps us on our toes!

2 comments:

  1. She is so cute! Your trip to Mexico looked amazing also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love that little grand daughter.....she is absolutely adorable!!! Can't wait to see her!! Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete