Saturday, January 7, 2012

Holidays

All the family!



the entire family, except Jason






















Wow! As much fun as the holiday's are, I'm glad to be home in my own bed and not living out of a suit case. We were gone for about 2 1/2 weeks. The first week we spent with the Beards. We went to their house in Lake Havasu, AZ. It wasn't as warm there as we had hoped, but of course right after we left for Teton Valley again it got warm and nice. Oh well. We got to go on a tour around the Lake and learn more about it, which was neat. It was too chilly to do much else. We did get to go in the pool our last day there, which I was excited about! Eliza loooves swimming, so she had a blast! We also got to enjoy the hot tub! aaahhh! love hot tubs! We got to have our christmas from them a little early because we were leaving, and of course, we got totally spoiled! My favorite was my new Kitchen Aid! Eliza's big present was a doll house, which she loves! and Billy's was a new Suit! snazzy! We're so very blessed!

The morning we were leaving Lake Havasu, our plan was to be out by 5:30 am (its about a 13-14 hr drive) but I figured it would be closer to 6. So it was, and we say our goodbyes, and get in the car to leave, and the car won't turn on. :( hmmm.. So we go in, and realized that when Jim had pulled our car into the garage that morning, he forgot to turn the lights off! ( we'll get to tease him about that for a long time! :)) so we jumped it, and got on the road. We hadn't gone very far before Billy said the car wasn't shifting. So we turned around and went back! The guys figured it all out, but we had to wait a bit. So we said our second round of goodbye's, and finally got on the road at about 7:30. Good times!


We picked up my sister Jenna in Utah, and then decided to just stay the night at our new place in Idaho Falls. Oh ya, we moved to Idaho Falls!! It was like a week before we left. Quite hectic! We love our new place. Its a 2 bdrm townhouse. It has a more homey feeling than an apartment. And it was the best deal that wasn't a hole in the ground. So its great! I'll post pictures later. Anyway, so we made it to my house in Alta, Wyoming Christmas Eve, just in time to go caroling! Then we came home, had a yummy dinner, read the Christmas story, and Garrett gave his little own Christmas story, which was so cute! Eliza was excited for Santa to come! It was fun to see her get excited! And again we got even more spoiled!!! We got a second Crock-Pot, tools, toys, movies, gift cards and much more. We get double spoiled at Christmas. But I mostly love being with all the family. My family loves playing games, especially Rook. So we definitely had some games of that, and other fun games. I felt like I barely saw Eliza cuz she was having so much fun with her cousins! They all had a blast together!

New Years we had a ton of the Wilson cousins over, and had a big dinner, then hung out and played more games till the new year! It was a lot of fun! Tavner and Tate gave their farewell talks that Sunday, January 1st, and it was one of the most amazing meetings I've ever been too. Of course I'm biased towards them, but seriously, it was Awesome! Tate, as always, was just funny, but gave an amazing message on family, and got choked up at the end, which wasn't good, cuz all us sisters, sisters-in-law, and Mom all sang after he spoke. We sang "I'll go where you want me to go" with Aunt Karen on the piano, and Billy on the violin, and our cousin Adam on viola. Then Tavner spoke about how he gained his testimony, and the struggles he's gone through. I was crying like a baby. but he challenged everyone to read the Book of Mormon, and really find out if it's true or not. I'm soo proud of my little brothers. I'm so glad I had the chance to hang out with them so much this last semester while they were in college. They are so awesome, and even though they are younger than me, they are such great examples to me. They are going to be Great missionaries. I'm going to miss them a lot!


We had a wonderful holiday break, and now, back to normal life! Billy starts working full time at Melaleuca here in Idaho Falls at their corporate building next week, and I'm still trying to figure out where I want all my pictures to hang. Uh, I'm not good at this part! I always second guess where I put something. So if anyone likes doing this part, please come over and help me! And then we'll start our second round of potty training Eliza. Yay!


Hope everyone had a good holiday, and have a wonderful New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment